[ejabberd] Performance of ejabberd's BOSH

Charles zcongwei at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:32:25 MSD 2009

Hi All:
    I am in the beginning phases of having to performance test the BOSH
implementation in ejabberd and was wondering if anyone in the mail list has
done this before.
If so, are there existing any bosh performance test result/report.  I have
done some searching in the webside of ejabberd and maillist but have found
nothing.
And today afternoon we put 1000 users login the server through BOSH
implementation at one time, but found that the server's CPU and Memory usage
are very high, from the monitor we can see that "1419m 1.0g 3436 S  101
26.0   4:21.52 beam.smp", It's around 1G memory and 100% CPU had been used
by beam.smp, now it's 1000 users connected only. I don't know whether any
configuration part is correct or not. Does anybody can give me any
suggestion?

Thanks
Charles