[ejabberd] Performance of ejabberd's BOSH

Márcio Luciano Donada mdonada at auroraalimentos.com.br
Tue Sep 8 17:47:15 MSD 2009

Charles escreveu:
> Hi All:
>     I am in the beginning phases of having to performance test the BOSH
> implementation in ejabberd and was wondering if anyone in the mail list has
> done this before.
> If so, are there existing any bosh performance test result/report.  I have
> done some searching in the webside of ejabberd and maillist but have found
> nothing.
> And today afternoon we put 1000 users login the server through BOSH
> implementation at one time, but found that the server's CPU and Memory usage
> are very high, from the monitor we can see that "1419m 1.0g 3436 S  101
> 26.0   4:21.52 beam.smp", It's around 1G memory and 100% CPU had been used
> by beam.smp, now it's 1000 users connected only. I don't know whether any
> configuration part is correct or not. Does anybody can give me any
> suggestion?

Hi,

How strange, I have about 600 users connected and see how good server
(FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE) at this time, given the fact that shares the
ejabberd server and a web site

ejabber# sockstat -4 | grep 5222 | wc -l
     606

ejabber# uptime
10:57AM  up 40 days, 22:11, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

ejabber# uname -a
FreeBSD ejabber.xxxxxx.com.br 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #1: Thu Jun
11 14:59:20 BRT 2009
root at ejabber.xxxxx.com.br:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VPN2  i386

--
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada at auroraalimentos dot com dot br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense