[ejabberd] Performance of ejabberd's BOSH

Charles zcongwei at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:02:33 MSD 2009

2009/9/9 Badlop <badlop at gmail.com>

> 2009/9/8 Charles <zcongwei at gmail.com>:
> > I am in the beginning phases of having to performance test the BOSH
> > implementation in ejabberd
>
> If you are still using ejabberd 2.0.5, you may want to try also the
> incoming release,
> because it will include:
>  BOSH module optimization and clean-up
>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-936
> That was included in trunk SVN after ejabberd 2.1.0-beta2 was released.
>
> Also, maybe you are interested in comparing 1000 BOSH sessions
> versus 1000 standard-5222 plain sessions.
> And also versus 1000 standard-5222 STARTTLS encrypted sessions.
> This allows you to determine how much RAM consumption
> is related to normal XMPP operation and how much to BOSH.

Thanks for your information.
After got your advise, we also try the latest code from the SVN, the
"ejabberd_http_bind.erl" is r2587

But after test, same CPU and Memory usage were very high, we tried log in
3000 users in HTTP BOSH, and every user have 80 contacts.

The CPU used is about 50% (means almost use 100% CPU of one core),
and memory usage more than 3000M, from all the test, it's more than 1M
memory for one connection. We did't know why it consume so huge memory

PS:The test environment is

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @2.50GHz
4GB Memory
RedHat Linux ES 5.0