[ejabberd] memory consumption per connection

Charles zcongwei at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:38:24 MSD 2009

Hi All:
     is there any information regarding memory consumption per
connection(tcp,5222port) in ejabberd? what's the normal?
     From the internet, somebody say 1MB per connection, somebody said 46KB.

     And from our test result, sometimes around 200KB ~ 300KB, sometimes
around 500KB per connection, but only change the configuration
"ERL_MAX_PORTS" and "PROCESSES" of the ejabberdctl.cfg.
     and we had enable the smp support and poll suport.

     Any body can give me any advise for decreasing the memory usage? and
usually, how much memory need for one connection?

    Thanks..

Regards
Charles