[ejabberd] Odd restart behaviour

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:43:24 MSD 2009

2009/9/11 Mickaël Rémond <mickael.remond at process-one.net>:
> Le 11 sept. 09 à 11:11, Stephen Nelson-Smith a écrit :
>> Yesterday I moved the server into a datacentre, and gave it a new IP
>> and DNS settings.
>>
>> Possibly coincidentally, I now seem to be unable to restart ejabberd.
>> Jabber seems to be running - people are using it - but the restart
>> seems to do nothing other than print a lot of dots in a line, and then
>> time out.
>
> Probably you have to export and recreate your Mnesia database, because you
> likely change the nodes name.

In that case his ejabberd log files should contain something like:
  aborted,{no_exists,config}
  http://www.ejabberd.im/node/602

Nodename conversion in ejabberd 2.0.5 or older:
http://www.ejabberd.im/migrate-host

Nodename conversion in ejabberd 2.1.0-rc1 or higher:
http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/trunk/doc/guide.html#changeerlangnodename

---
Badlop
ProcessOne