[ejabberd] 2.1.0-RC1: installation fails if 'which' is not installed.

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Sat Sep 12 13:14:23 MSD 2009

Hi,

The installation process of 2.1.0-RC1 fails if the which utility is
not installed.

I was trying to run ejabberd on a restricted minimal VPS installation
and the post-install script kept failing. The ejabberdctl uses which
$0 to figure out where the installation is, and if that util is
missing, the HERE var will end up with a . (dot).

The post-install script sets cwd to the base directory and uses bin/
ejabberdctl to call the ejabberdctl script so HERE ends up with ., on
the wrong place.

To reproduce, just mv which which.tmp.

Mickael created a ticket for this: https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1039

I don't know what the best solution is, but this worked: change the
post-install.sh script to set cwd to the bin/ subdirectory and use ./
ejabberctl to run it.

See attached post-install.txt script (txt so that some over zealous
anti-virus don't bork it).