[ejabberd] ejabberd crashes without any comment

defa defa at systemli.org
Wed Sep 16 13:19:15 MSD 2009

Hi!

I am running an ejabberd on an debian lenny with the following packages
installed:

erlang-base/lenny uptodate 1:12.b.3-dfsg-4
erlang-nox/lenny uptodate 1:12.b.3-dfsg-4
ejabberd/lenny uptodate 2.0.1-6+lenny1

mysql-server-5.0/lenny uptodate 5.0.51a-24+lenny2 and mysql-db user backend

Since a few days I experience random crashes of the server leaving
behind nothing but an erl_crash.dump file in /var/log/ejabberd.
The logfiles say nothing abnormal or reproducible - they just stop. At
first I suspected a corrupt logrotate script to be the bad guy, but I
fixed this and the server keeps crashing.

As the erl_crash.dump file contains loads of personal user data I don't
want to post the whole thing here. Is there anyone experiencing the same
behavior or some things I can look for in the dump file?

Thanks a lot
defa