[ejabberd] ejabberd crashes without any comment

defa defa at systemli.org
Thu Sep 17 11:18:13 MSD 2009

defa wrote:
> I am running an ejabberd on an debian lenny with the following
> packages installed:
>
> erlang-base/lenny uptodate 1:12.b.3-dfsg-4
> erlang-nox/lenny uptodate 1:12.b.3-dfsg-4
> ejabberd/lenny uptodate 2.0.1-6+lenny1
> mysql-server-5.0/lenny uptodate 5.0.51a-24+lenny2 and mysql-db user
> backend
>
> Since a few days I experience random crashes of the server leaving
> behind nothing but an erl_crash.dump file in /var/log/ejabberd.
> The logfiles say nothing abnormal or reproducible - they just stop.
The behavior I experience got worse: ejabberd won't come up at all
anymore. When I start it, I see the process running for a little while,
but then it just crashes as described above. I wonder what's messed up
so that the behavior got worse. I also tried to restart the whole server
and shut down the erlang environment but nothing helps. Any idea would
be highly appreciated.

Thanks
defa