[ejabberd] migrating to new server Q.

Jan Koum jan.koum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 05:06:06 MSD 2009

hi there,

i am getting ready to migrate my production ejabberd setup (running 2.1) to
a new host with a new different hostname in a new different colo.

my question is this: right now my system hostname (s.example.net) matches
the {hosts, ["s.example.net"]} config entry in the .cfg file.  can i keep
the same host in the config file when moving to a new hostname?  that
'hosts' config setting has nothing to do with /bin/hostname - right?

in other words, users will login as nickname at s.example.net into a hostname
of newserver.example.net (via CNAME of old s.example.net host)

and sounds like renaming mnesia should be pretty straight forward, just
follow http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/trunk/doc/guide.html#htoc74directions..

-- yan