[ejabberd] ejabberd crashes without any comment

defa defa at systemli.org
Fri Sep 18 13:24:59 MSD 2009

defa wrote:

>>> I am running an ejabberd on an debian lenny with the following
>>> packages installed:
<snip>
>>> mysql-server-5.0/lenny uptodate 5.0.51a-24+lenny2 and mysql-db user
>>> backend
>>>
>>> Since a few days I experience random crashes of the server leaving
>>> behind nothing but an erl_crash.dump file in /var/log/ejabberd.
>>> The logfiles say nothing abnormal or reproducible - they just stop.

<snip>

I _might_ have found the solution. It seems the reason for the crashed
was an outdated mysql.beam file since mysql was updated before the
crashes occurred. I am not sure at all about this. Any experiences here
- could that be a reason?

Thank you
defa