[ejabberd] Idle C2S processes

Carlos Abalde carlos.abalde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:58:18 MSD 2009

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange behavior with ejabberd. I'm running a
clustered deployment with a lot of users accessing to the server through
http-bind connections (same client implementation for everybody).
Everything works fine, however, I've detected that, once in a while,
some connections are 'blocked'.

The symptoms are C2S processed with growing message queues, always in
the same state (waiting) and in the same current function ({prim_inet,
recv0, 3}). Looking for info of the C2S session in mnesia (IP and port)
and running a netstat I've discovered that the connection does not
exist. I don't know how to get associated http-bind pid, but I suspect
that that process is dead.

Anyone has experienced the same symptoms? Any idea on how to avoid this
problem?

Thanks!

--
Carlos.