[ejabberd] Stanzas from external components can't be delivered

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 23:30:37 MSD 2010

Ricardo,

I always suggest checking with wireshark or another packet tracer to
make sure the response is actually getting back to ejabberd to be
routed to the client.

Cheers

Kirk

On 15 Apr 2010, at 17:40, Ricardo Otero dos Santos <oterosantos at gmail.com
 > wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I tried to do that but i get no response!
>
> Here's the iq sent with new xmlns:
>
> <iq from='gps.hobbes' to='rikas at hobbes/itav109' id='ac96a'
> type='result' xml:lang='en' xmlns='jabber:component:accept'>
> <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'><identity
> name='GPS location provider component' category='client'
> type='bot'/><feature
> var='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'/></query>
> </iq>
>
> I can see the component when I do a service discovery, with no
> information thou.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ricardo
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM, kael <ka-el at laposte.net> wrote:
>> On 04/15/2010 01:45 PM, Ricardo Otero dos Santos wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> I'm trying to migrate from a previous Openfire configuration to
>>> ejabberd-2.1.3 but it seems like I can't get this to work.
>>>
>>> I have external components connected and receiving messages from
>>> clients, but the replies never get to the clients.
>>>
>>> For example, the client requesting for disco#info never gets the
>>> response from the external component. Here's the debug log:

>>> =INFO REPORT==== 2010-04-14 12:17:48 ===
>>> D(<0.1814.0>:ejabberd_receiver:320) : Received XML on stream = "<iq
>>> type=\"get\" to=\"gps.hobbes\" id=\"abdaa\" >\n<query