[ejabberd] trouble setting up anonymous login support

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:01:08 MSD 2010

2010/4/18 sofia cardita <sofiacardita at gmail.com>:
> I'm entering the strange and wonderful world of xmpp.

> So in ejabberd.cfg I have the following:
> {hosts, ["thisislove-MacBook-2.local"]}.

> {host_config, "thisislove-MacBook-2.local", [
>                               {auth_method, [internal, anonymous]},
>                               {allow_multiple_connections, false},
>                               {anonymous_protocol, both}]}.

You discovered a bug in host_config option, or maybe in the anonymous code:
it doesn't treat the domain as case insensitive.

A quick solution is to put the domain name in lowercase:
> {host_config, "thisislove-macbook-2.local", [
I'll report this problem to the ejabberd bug tracker.

> Shouldn't it have ANONYMOUS if anonymous login was correctly configured?

Right. Make that configuration change and you'll get something like:

<stream:features>
  <starttls xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/>
  <compression xmlns='http://jabber.org/features/compress'>
    <method>zlib</method>
  </compression>
  <mechanisms xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>
    <mechanism>PLAIN</mechanism>
    <mechanism>DIGEST-MD5</mechanism>
    <mechanism>ANONYMOUS</mechanism>
  </mechanisms>