[ejabberd] PubSub subscription problem

Boris Okner boris.okner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 08:58:37 MSD 2010

This problem seems to appear when I switched from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3.

The node is created as a leaf, using dag plugin. When I request a
subscription, I receive back a normal confirmation (i.e. "subscribed" along
with SubId). Then it notifies about updates with following:

<message xmlns="jabber:client" from="pubsub.vroc.local"
to="dummy at users.local/25353072781271737576681426" type="headline"><event
xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event"><items
node="feeds.Temperature.sensor1.devices"><item id="Temperature"><entry
xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/shim"><header

So SHIM header doesn't have SubId anymore, compared to 2.1.1. Why collection
SHIM? The feeds.Temperature.sensor1.devices node is NOT a collection,
disco#info reports "type=leaf" for it. Having SubId is critical to be able
to filter out noise possibly coming as a result of orphaned subscriptions. I
am using a single account for subscription, with each user making
subscription on behalf of full jid of form account/unique_resource.

Thank you,
Boris