[ejabberd] PubSub subscription problem

Boris Okner boris.okner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:16:25 MSD 2010

Thank you for your response. Please see below...

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:01 AM, kael <ka-el at laposte.net> wrote:

> On 04/20/2010 06:58 AM, Boris Okner wrote:
>
>> So SHIM header doesn't have SubId anymore, compared to 2.1.1. Why
>> collection SHIM? The feeds.Temperature.sensor1.devices node is NOT a
>> collection, disco#info reports "type=leaf" for it. Having SubId is critical
>> to be able to filter out noise possibly coming as a result of orphaned
>> subscriptions. I am using a single account for subscription, with each user
>> making subscription on behalf of full jid of form account/unique_resource.
>>

> The SubID is not included anymore when there's only one subscription per
> full JID, it is implicit.

Here is a problem: ejabberd doesn't yet remove subscriptions for resources
that went offline. So what happens is that all such stale subscriptions get
transferred to a still active resources of the same account. Without knowing
SubId, it's hard to filter out all that noise.  Is it possible that you keep
SubID for the time being until above problem is solved?

> Regarding the collection SHIM header, it is a bug.
>

> --
> kael
>
> Regards,
Boris