[ejabberd] blending hot code load and modules

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 02:36:01 MSD 2010

2010/4/20 Brian Acton <acton at whatsapp.com>:
> i've been writing modules for ejabberd and one of the pain points for me has
> been the inability to use hot code load.

Just as a little reminder: some of the steps mentioned by Geoff can be
done using ejabberd WebAdmin:

For ejabberd module or restart (that just calls stop and start):
WebAdmin -> Vhosts -> your vhost -> Nodes -> your node -> Modules

For Erlang module code update:
WebAdmin -> Nodes -> your node -> Update
You will see a list of the erlang modules that ejabberd detected that
have been recompiled. Select the modules you want to update, and click
"Update".

This does the l(Module), it doesn't handle process suspension.

---