[ejabberd] advice on administration of anonymous rooms in muc

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 16:18:30 MSD 2010

2010/4/22 sofia cardita <sofiacardita at gmail.com>:
> So how do I go about having some sort of superuser that can configure any
> room, delete any room, clear messages in any room with inappropriate
> content, and kick and ban users? What's the best way to do this?

Use access_admin in mod_muc:

{acl, mucadmins, {user, "mucbotadmin", "example.org"}}.
{access, muc_admin, [{allow, mucadmins}]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_muc,      [
    {access_admin, muc_admin},
   ]},
]}.

> Another question, is there anyway to make ejabberd only accept connections
> through http?

If you want to allow connections to port 5280, using HTTP-Bind,
and block 5222, then simply remove in ejabberd.cfg the listener of port 5222.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne