[ejabberd] mysql modules failed to load - 'badfile' error

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 23 18:34:34 MSD 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:14:08 +0100
Ricardo Otero dos Santos <oterosantos at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason all my mysql modules fail to load. Here's the error
> log:
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 23-Apr-2010::15:00:26 ===
> beam/beam_load.c(1712): Error loading function mysql:asciz_binary/2:
> op bs_start_match f r:
>   please re-compile this module with an R13B01 compiler
[..]
> I'm new to Erlang, so I don't know what an R13B01 compiler is or how
> to do it. :S

"Some reason" most probably was an upgrade of your Linux (or whatever)
distribution which upgraded Erlang and ejabberd (at the same time),
while your MySQL module was compiled by hand using an older Erlang
compiler; since compiled Erlang modules are not genreally upward- or
downward-compatible, you have to recompile them.

To compile your modules just do what you did for the first time and
replace the old compiled modules with their new versions.
You seem to be after [1] and its INSTALL file in particular.

1. https://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd-modules/mysql/trunk/