[ejabberd] Importing roaster from piefxis

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Wed Dec 1 01:01:20 MSK 2010

Hi Mickaël,
thank you for the note, I totally missed that I was running "ejabberd"
instead of "ejabberdctl". Bad typo! Because in the process I hosed some
ejabberd files and it didn't want to start up correctly any more. Since
I didn't have any useful data in it, I just purged and started fresh.

Now I'm getting my original error again and can paste it here:

# ejabberdctl import_piefxis ~/david.xml

=INFO REPORT==== 30-Nov-2010::22:58:49 ===
D(<4605.501.0>:ejabberd_commands:314) : Executing command
ejabberd_piefxis:import_file with Args=["/root/david.xml"]
** at node ejabberd at seeker **
Problem 'error badarg' occurred executing the command.
Stacktrace: [{erlang,binary_to_list,[none]},
             {ejabberd_piefxis,add_user,2},
             {ejabberd_piefxis,process_element,2},
             {lists,foldl,3},
             {ejabberd_piefxis,read_chunks,2},
             {ejabberd_piefxis,import_file,2},
             {ejabberd_ctl,call_command,3},
             {ejabberd_ctl,try_call_command,3}]

So this looks to me like it's trying to create the user when all I want
is to import the roster. How else can I import a roaster while using
ldap for authentication?

Thanks,
~David