[ejabberd] Ejabberd 'module could not be loaded', httpc,request,

Aron Sogor bigman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 06:26:02 MSK 2010

I am trying to make an external connection in an auth module and I get an error:

** Reason for termination =
** {'module could not be loaded',
       [{httpc,request,
            ["http://www.alpha.pogospike.com/ejabberd/validateTokenAndPogoId/e4d7e947-6af5-4fe6-a2b8-bfbb5d07ec19/16501457"]},
        {genius_validator,login,3},
        {ejabberd_auth_genius,handle_login,3},
        {ejabberd_auth,check_password_loop,2},
        {cyrsasl_plain,mech_step,2},
        {cyrsasl,server_step,2},
        {ejabberd_c2s,wait_for_feature_request,2},
        {p1_fsm,handle_msg,10}]}

This is on Ubuntu running R13.

I run the same on MacPort R14 no problem.

I check on Ubuntu:
/usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.2
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/inets-5.1/ebin/httpc_request.beam

soo the module seems to be there.. it is a different version of
runtime. is there some lib searchpath I am missing?

Aron