[ejabberd] pubsub delivery ignores /resource

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:50:02 MSK 2010

On 1-Feb-2010, at 15:26, Liam wrote:

> <iq from='master at localhost/uuid1' to='pubsub.localhost'
>     type='set' id='7562' xmlns='jabber:client'>
>   <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
>     <publish node='slave' jid='master at localhost/uuid1'>
>       <item>
>         data

	This shouldn't affect things, but I don't believe there's a "jid" attribute defined on the <publish/> element. I don't see it scanning XEP-0060, either, but I could have missed it.

> User connected as slave at localhost/uuid2 gets (no others are connected):

	This is a quirk in ejabberd, IMHO. When only one bare jid is connected all messages are routed to it, regardless of resource. I haven't done much digging to see if this is valuable or desirable, since it doesn't affect me, but it was surprising.

	If you connect both uuid1 and uuid2 resources, you will probably no longer see the message duplication.

-bjc