[ejabberd] pubsub delivery ignores /resource

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Feb 2 22:57:49 MSK 2010

On 2/2/10 12:52 PM, Liam wrote:
> Peter, could you address what's specifically happening in this case,
> where a single published item is sent n times to a subscriber because
> user at domain/* is subscribed n times, and only one of those is present?
>
> Seems like a classic "unintended consequence"...

If you are subscribed multiple times, you will receive multiple
notifications. Solution: don't subscribe multiple times. :) IMHO it is
the responsibility of the receiving entity to suppress duplicates.

But I have not read the entire thread here so I might be missing something.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/