[ejabberd] ejabberd high performance configuration

Karthik Kailash karthik at socialvisioninc.com
Thu Feb 4 06:55:59 MSK 2010

From: ejabberd-bounces at jabber.ru [mailto:ejabberd-bounces at jabber.ru] On
Behalf Of Evgeniy Khramtsov

>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to run a load test on an ejabberd server instance, running on
Ubuntu
>> Server 8.04.  I want to make sure I have set all the configuration
options
>> necessary to achieve a good performance.  Here is what I have done so
far:

>> - ulimit -n 65000
>> - ejabberd.cfg
>> 	- Set log level in ejabberd.cfg to Warning or below
>> - Ejabberdctl.cfg
>> 	- POLL = true (default)
>> 	- SMP = auto (default)
>> 	- ERL_MAX_PORTS = 96,000?
>> 	- PROCESSES: 250,000?

> AFAIK, this is enough to start testing ;)

Thanks for the response!  I forgot to mention in my original e-mail, are
there performance benefits when running ejabberd on the newer versions of
Erlang?  Right now I have R11B installed, but I see that it is close to 4
years old compared to R13B03 which is only 3-4 months old.

Regards,
Karthik