[ejabberd] Stress Testing Recommendations?

Christina Arsenault ca_arsenault at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 22:38:48 MSK 2010

Hello All,

My ejabberd application is using way too much cpu on the apache side of things.  I have two servers running redhat:

Webserver:
8 Gb RAM
4 CPU X 3.2 Ghz

Ejabberd 2.0.5/MySql Server:
4 Gb RAM
4 CPU X 3.2 Ghz

I'll have 60 people logged in ejabberd and only a handful of chats happening and my CPU on the webserver is pegged at 100% and we start having issues with people not seeing the text in their chats.  Sometimes they can refresh the page and the chat text re-appears.  But, if I put just simple load on our test server I can't replicate the issue with text disappearing.  I need to run some realistic chat stress tests, but am not sure what to use?  Thanks for your input.

~Christina