[ejabberd] High filesystem usage

Gerhard Schmidt schmidt at ze.tum.de
Wed Feb 10 17:05:38 MSK 2010

Matias schrieb:
> I'm runing ejabberd-2.1-2 on
>
> FreeBSD it05 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 21 15:02:08 UTC
> 2009 root at mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
>
> Suddenly, my /var partition is running out of space.

Do you rotate your logfiles with newsyslog or something similar without
restarting the ejabberd? EJabberd might not reopen the logfile.

So ejabber will continue to write to the rotated file. When the logfile is
finally deleted the Directory entry for this file goes away but the file still
exists and grows on.

Had this problem with innd some times ago.

Regards
    Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt                | E-Mail: schmidt at ze.tum.de
Technische Universität München |
WWW & Online Services          |
Tel: +49 89 289-25270          | PGP-PublicKey
Fax: +49 89 289-25257          | on request