[ejabberd] ejabberdctl.template patches

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:07:59 MSK 2010

2010/2/12 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Martin Langhoff
>> The good patch -- at last! -- attached. You will notice we don't use
>> the following bashisms:
>
> Look at me! I am a good worthwhile patch, sitting pretty in your
> mailing list, waiting to be re-reviewed and hopefully applied. Fixing
> a bug was never so easy.
>
> Fedora folks are already using me, and pretty happy about that.

Your patch looks good:
ejabberdctl works with bash and dash, and satisfies the 'checkbashisms' program.
When flock is available, it solves both problems (concurrent calls,
with limited names).
When no flock is available, it fallsback to the old code and behaviour.

I've commited the patch untouched, and then my minor changes in a second commit.
Look at them, maybe you or Fedora packagers are interested in adopting them:
https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/commit/7c36e304f059575b109cb4b29767227fa21537ed

I also added Jan Koum's support for Jot when Flock is unavailable:
https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/commit/2cca00acc0a95784e1bea65c6004ff4125930824

PD: I hadn't lost or forgot the patch; it just was in the folder of
"things to look".
But thanks for bumping the thread :)

---
Badlop