[ejabberd] Need fast help: Production server doesn't start anymore after update

Jonathan Schleifer js-ejabberd at webkeks.org
Fri Feb 19 16:21:09 MSK 2010

Hi, the problem was that I was using the master branch instead of the
2.1.x branch. When moving to git, I just followed the instructions to
clone the repository. What I did not know was that I needed to
manually get the 2.1.x branch after checkout.

Am 19.02.2010 um 12:48 schrieb Badlop:

>> =ERROR REPORT==== 2010-02-18 19:37:44 ===
>> E(<0.36.0>:gen_mod:46): {noproc,
>>                            {gen_server,call,
>>                                [ejabberd_hooks,
>>                                 {add,roster_get,"webkeks.org",
>>                                     mod_roster_odbc,get_user_roster,
>> 50}]}}
>
> I don't know.

The one you quote is with _odbc, but it also happens for non _odbc
modules and even if I disable all the missing modules etc. Might this
be a bug in the master branch?

>> =ERROR REPORT==== 2010-02-18 19:37:44 ===
>> E(<0.36.0>:gen_mod:46): {undef,[{mod_adhoc,start,["webkeks.org",[]]},
>>                                {gen_mod,start_module,3},
>>                                {lists,foreach,2},
>>                                {ejabberd_app,start,2},
>>                                {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}
>
> In this case it means the file mod_adhoc.beam was not found.

It seems mod_adhoc and a lot of mod_*_odbc were removed in the master
branch.

> I tried your configuration with ejabberd 2.1.x from Git, and starts
> almost correctly.
> My only problems were that pgsql obviously doesn't connect, and some
> listeners can't start because I don't have the IP addresses.

As said, after getting the 2.1.x branch _AND_ upgrading erlang, it
works again.

>> And how do I migrate those back from odbc to mnesia?
>> Am I forced to just lose all privacy lists, vcards etc?
>
> There is a method to move most ejabberd mnesia database contents to
> ODBC,
> but probably not the opposite.
>
> Ah, maybe it is possible exporting to XEP-0227 PIEFXIS files,
> reconfigure ejabberd,
> and then import.

Some way to migrate back should be provided in the master branch, if
odbc is going to be dropped (at least, it looks like this, looking at
the number of odbc modules in the master branch and the 2.1.x branch).

--
Jonathan