[ejabberd] Install ejabberd without admin privileges?

Karthik Kailash karthik at socialvisioninc.com
Mon Feb 22 08:02:12 MSK 2010

Hi,

Is it possible to install ejabberd on a server without administrator access?
The guide says "Note that you probably need administrative privileges in the
system to install ejabberd."  I am thinking about running ejabberd on a
hosted server, but some (most?) hosts don't provide admin access so I'd love
to know if it's possible before deciding on one.

Cheers,

Karthik

Karthik Kailash | Product

SocialVision, Online Television Becomes a Social Experience

CELL . 408.768.7704  | WEB . www.socialvisioninc.com | FACEBOOK .
facebook.com/socialvision <http://www.facebook.com/socialvision>  | TWITTER
. twitter.com/socialvision