[ejabberd] error while creating admin user

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Jan 5 12:56:06 MSK 2010

Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:

>>> Looks like this one: http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3698#comment-54762
>>>

>> Hmmm, strange because I have another server with "Erlang R13B01
>> (erts-5.7.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>> [kernel-poll:false]" and ejabberd 2.0.5-1.1 and it works great, maybe
>> the ubuntu team applied the patch though. I will keep on searching,
>> thank you.
>>

> This problem has nothing to do with the version of Erlang runtime;
> it looks like a failure to load a shared library written in C which
> implements STRINGPREP Unicode profile support for ejabberd.
> I might be wrong, of course, but I've seen this several times
> (mostly from Gentoo and other source-based distros), and the forum posts
> I gave links to suggest the same.
>
> P.S.
> I doubt Ubuntu team applied anything, as ejabberd in Ubuntu seems to be
> unmaintained, and hence they just copy packages from Debian, and there
> ejabberd does not have such problem.
>
> Also your setup now appears to be a bit weird to me: at the time Debian
> packaged ejabberd 2.0.1, there were no R13 Erlang/OTP release yet.
> Did you really mean you're using ejabberd 2.1.0-2 Ubuntu package?

Hi, sorry for the reply being late, I was on vacation :-).

I think you're right, it's an error loading the C lib that implements
STRINGPREP Unicode profile support for ejabberd.

I don't know, I got that output by running the erl interpretor. I'm not
running ejabberd 2.1, that's the version I'm trying to install but I can't
get it on Ubuntu 9.04 and I can't update to 9.10 because it's a Xen virtual
machine and the kernel on 9.10 domU is too recent from what I've read (I
tried
and killed my VM) for the dom0.