[ejabberd] xmlrpc compiled?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:21:18 MSK 2010

2010/1/4 Liam <ejabberd at networkimprov.net>:
> I want ANY XMLRPC client to be able to use ONLY the register command... Is
> this the config for that:
>
>   {4560, ejabberd_xmlrpc, [{access_commands, [{all, [register], []}]}]},

That configuration seems correct.

Also note that the Guide says [1]:
> If at least one restriction is defined, then the frontend expects that
> authentication information is provided when executing a command.

That means you will have to provide auth of some Jabber account inside
the XMLRPC
calls. All accounts are accepted, so in your case, an easy solution is
to create a dummy account in ejabberd like dummyxmlrpc at yourjabber.net
and then provide this in the XMLRPC calls.

> can I compile from WinXP command line?

There may be some way. The Windows installer of ejabberd includes the
compiler erlc, and also make.beam, and SVN of ejabberd_xmlrpc has
build.bat

Maybe some Windows developer can give some additional hint, if there
is anyone out there.

You can also compile the files in Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX, and copy the
beam to your Windows machine.

> There's a bin (but no ebin) directory in my WinXP ejabberd directory... Same
> as ebin?

Not the same. Erlang binary files for ejabberd should go in a dir like
C:\ejabberd-2.1.1\lib\ejabberd-2.1.1\ebin

[1] http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/branches/ejabberd-2.1.x/doc/guide.html#accesscommands

---
Badlop
ProcessOne