[ejabberd] ejabberdctl.template patches

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 03:06:00 MSK 2010

2010/1/5 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> In fact I don't know what kind of env it execs under in Windows. Cywin? MinGW?

I don't know. The installer includes bash.exe and other programs.
In any case, the Windows installer includes its own start method,
so I guess we better focus in improving non-Windows ejabberdctl.

> Can we do these in erlang -- or are we helpless until we connect to
> the node?

I didn't find any way to change the node name once the node is started.
So, the erlang node name must be defined before starting the node.
And that means in the shell.

>>  * runuser
>>  * bash
>
> Not needed with careful coding.

Ah, ok.

>>  * /var/lock/ejabberd creation: who takes care to create it?
>
> The install script - trivial to fix.

Ok

---
Badlop