[ejabberd] Beam 100% CPU usage

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 05:44:22 MSK 2010

Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> thought I do not understand really the output and also, at this time
> ejabberd no longer eats all CPU (few users connected).
>
> I will test again on monday, there will be cpu usage as usual, sure.

I've attached a simple script which I use for problem investigation in
running ejabberd.
Just compile it:
$ erlc stats.erl
Put the resulting stats.beam in ejabberd's beam directory. When you face
with that problem again,
connect to ejabberd node with remsh and run:
 > stats:run(N).
It will list all processes with more than N messages in mailboxes.
Typically I start with N = 100.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.