[ejabberd] getting last activity of a user from ejabberd server

Tharindu Madushanka tharindufit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 11:46:57 MSK 2010

Hi,

I was trying to get Last Activity information for a jabber contact from
roster ( xep-0012 ). ( I want to know whether that user is online or how
long ago he was online) But even when that user is online.. I am getting a
value as seconds.. which was when that contact was last seen online.. how
could I check whether the current contact is online with Last Activity..

Because when I send request according to xep-0012 Last Activity request.. I
get a value as seconds even when user is currently online.. from my ejabberd
server.. I use bare jid.. if I use full jid it sends a response telling
not-available for my offline contacts..

Is there anything I am doing wrong.. or is there any other way to do my
work.. (To get whether user is online or how long last he has seen online)

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Tharindu Madushanka
tharindufit.wordpress.com