[ejabberd] getting emfile errors

Mark Keisler mark at mitsein.net
Mon Jan 11 20:56:33 MSK 2010

I'm running ejabberd 2.1.1 with erlang
At first, I could only get very few concurrent users connected.  Now I have
set ERL_MAX_PORTS=8192 and max open file ulimit to 16384 for my jabber user
that runs ejabberd.  I can only get 983 users connectedm then it starts
throwing:
I(<0.463.0>:ejabberd_listener:241) : (#Port<0.7155>) Failed TCP accept:
emfile

I am using test users with internal authentication.  Using lsof, I only see
1127 filehandles opened by the jabber user at the peak.  Why am I getting
emfile errors?

--
Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will