[ejabberd] user registration via HTTP

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:11:49 MSK 2010

2010/1/11 Liam <ejabberd at networkimprov.net>:
> Decided to try mod_register_web. It's failing thus (man i can't get a break
> here):

> exception error: einval
> in function open_port/2
> called as open_port({spawn," 213599"},[stream,eof,binary])
> in call from ejabberd_captcha:cmd/1
> in call from ejabberd_captcha:create_image/1

Ah, mod_register_web shows a CAPTCHA when registering an account,
but that isn't mentioned in its README. I'll a paragraph like this:

> This module shows a CAPTCHA image in the page to register a new account.
> So, you must also configure the options captcha_cmd and captcha_host.
> See the ejabberd Guide for more information about those options.

See:
http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/guide_en#captcha

Also, when the options are not configured, you probably get that
strange einval error message. I'll improve ejabberd to throw an error
message like this:

=ERROR REPORT==== 11-Jan-2010::19:02:19 ===
C(<0.494.0>:ejabberd_captcha:331) : The option captcha_cmd is not
configured, but some module wants to use the CAPTCHA feature.

=CRASH REPORT==== 11-Jan-2010::19:02:19 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: ejabberd_http:init/2
    pid: <0.494.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception throw: {error,option_not_configured_captcha_cmd}
      in function  ejabberd_captcha:get_prog_name/0
      in call from ejabberd_captcha:create_image/1

and confirm that was the problem behind your error message?

---
Badlop
ProcessOne