[ejabberd] getting last activity of a user from ejabberd server

Tharindu Madushanka tharindufit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 22:50:35 MSK 2010

ah.. I could do that with something like this..

I have a common contact, lets say 'bot'.. when my client application logs
in.. from client side I login 'bot' with resource as client user id.. then I
am adding client jid using 'bot' account.. and at client side, I always
accept any roster request without giving any alert.. and when showing his
contact list I purposely hide bot from contact list.. but when showing users
other than contacts, in another view, I use this 'bot' account I logged in
at client side to get last activity details from all users..

This way I overcome that <forbidden> thing..

Thank you,

Tharindu Madushanka
tharindufit.wordpress.com