[ejabberd] SSL probs, error "PEM_read_bio:no start line"

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Fri Jan 15 13:41:09 MSK 2010

Hi,

   I´m currently trying to install Ejabber 2 having had an ejabber 1.x
server for a couple of years. However I cannot get SSL (TLS) to work,
each time I try and connect to the server the sasl.log shows this error:

Reason:     {{badmatch,{error,"SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file failed:
error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line"}},

The certificate I´ve installed is signed from our own internal
certificate authority in the same way I´d do for apache etc. Can
anyone help me out?

thanks in advance, Andy.