[ejabberd] ejabberd and etop

Jeffrey Rogiers jeffrey.rogiers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:02:38 MSK 2010

I have a handful of modules i've been working on and as i've started
to put them into production i've noticed that the cpu usage is a bit
higher then usual.

I am trying to profile the running modules to see if i can get an idea
as to which modules is causing the extra cpu usage.

I was curious if anyone has used etop along with ejabberd for
profiling. I tried using the ejabberd debug command and in the console
used etop:start() and etop:start([{output, text}]) but both give me
errors.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Rogiers