[ejabberd] Basic Question

Mark Keisler grimm26 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:34:01 MSK 2010

most times you can safely do a "cp /dev/null logfile" to clear the log.
This will empty the contents while ejabberd is able to keep the filehandle
open.  Deleting the file may leave the filehandle open and the space still
tied up with said filehandle.  In that case, the "ejabberdctl reopen_log"
command may remedy that situation.  Otherwise, you would probably have to
restart ejabberd.

--
Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will