[ejabberd] shared roster groups with external authentication

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:46:10 MSK 2010

Having re-read some of the xeps, I can see nothing to stop a users jid
from being in multiple roster groups. Really I suppose it's just down
to the client displaying the roster sensibly in such a situation.

As for shared roster groups, I think it would require some development
effort, but you could do something like using ldap to store group
information I think, which would then just mean some development of a
new mod_shared_roster to lookup things in ldap I guess (note I'm not
very clued up with ldap as I don't use it)

Hope that is helpful info.

Regards

Kirk