[ejabberd] Subscribing to a parent node

Vincent Courcelle vincent.courcelle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 21:53:20 MSK 2010

Hi Everybody,

I would like to have (leaf) nodes like :
/home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars/mercedes/sl500

But I want subscribers to be able to subscribe to an entire vehicule
type/brand and be notified to all items published in the sub-nodes.
For example, subscribing to
/home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars
or /home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars/mercedes

The problem:
- If I haven't created the parent node, I got a 404 error when subscribing
- If I've created it, subscription is OK but I'm notified of items published
in child nodes

Here is my subscription iq:
<iq from='
35416690051264182528163365 at push.oopad.com/22811250301264182528701303' to='
pubsub.push.oopad.com' type='set' id='1199:subscribenode'
xmlns='jabber:client'><pubsub
xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'><subscribe
node='/home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars' jid='
35416690051264182528163365 at push.oopad.com/22811250301264182528701303'/
></pubsub></iq>

Here is my pubsub config:
{mod_pubsub,   [ % requires mod_caps
                  {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
                  {last_item_cache, true},
                  {plugins, ["hometree"]}

I've tried http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0248.html whithout success (error
400)
Could someone indicate me how to create a collection node or how to
subscribe to it in order to be notified of items published in child nodes?

Cordialement,
Vincent Courcelle