[ejabberd] Subscribing to a parent node

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 00:00:56 MSK 2010

On 22-Jan-2010, at 13:53, Vincent Courcelle wrote:

> I would like to have (leaf) nodes like :
> /home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars/mercedes/sl500
>
> But I want subscribers to be able to subscribe to an entire vehicule type/brand and be notified to all items published in the sub-nodes.
> For example, subscribing to
> /home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars
> or /home/push.oopad.com/server/vehicles/cars/mercedes
> [SNIP]
> I've tried http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0248.html whithout success (error 400)
> Could someone indicate me how to create a collection node or how to subscribe to it in order to be notified of items published in child nodes?

	XEP-0248 support is enabled in the nodetree_dag and node_dag modules (included in ejabberd-2.1). The config is added to the mod_pubsub section of ejabberd.cfg:

                  {nodetree, "dag"},
                  {plugins, ["dag", "hometree"]}]},

	When those plugins are loaded you should have basically complete support for XEP-0248 (there is some missing functionality, like association and dissociation messages). You may have some issues if you have pubsub data created with a different set of plugins, but I'm not sure. If it's an option it would probably be best to clear out all your pubsub data before switching to these modules.

-bjc