[ejabberd] ldap auth not performed in parallel?

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Sat Jan 23 01:26:55 MSK 2010

It appears, from my testing, that ejabberd's ldap authentication
mechanism suffers the same deficiency as the external authentication
script mechanism - in that it performs authentication requests serially,
which leads to authentication backlogs if a lot of requests come in
simultaneously (e.g. a node is restarted) even if each individual
request is processed very fast.  Is this true, or am I mistaken?

Is there an authentication mechanism in ejabberd that is performed in
parallel?

Jesse

--
   Jesse Thompson
   Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
   Email/IM: jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu