[ejabberd] Subscribing to a parent node

Vincent Courcelle vincent.courcelle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:09:51 MSK 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Vincent Courcelle <
vincent.courcelle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't need those additionnal functionalities, so I guess it should be OK.
> But I'm still getting the same 400 error:
> [...]
> Do you see anything wrong/different with
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0248.html ?
>
> Here is my new config:
> {mod_pubsub,   [
>
>                   {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
>                   {last_item_cache, true},
>                   {max_items_node, 50},
>
>                   {nodetree, "dag"},
>                   {plugins, ["dag","hometree"]}
>                  ]},

As I'm not able to make this working correctly, I though to another way,
more extensible, to achieve the same: filtered notifications.
Users wishing to be notified on only certain datas might request a filtered
subscription.
Is it possible to assign attributes to published items? And how, at
subscription, do I request the server to filter the notifications based on
attributes matching a pattern?
This doesn't seems to be what I want (or I didn't understood how to do it):
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#filtered-notifications

For example, the server publishes the item:

Clients subscribes to (in order to save bandwidth):
item[brand='mercedes']
and is only notified of:

Do you have any idea how to do that?

Thanks!