[ejabberd] how do _you_ close bosh sessions?

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Mon Jan 25 13:18:52 MSK 2010

hi,

we are still struggling to get more thant 2000 users per node
connected to the http_bind interface of ejabberd. on friday
we updated to the new bugfix release of ejabberd 2.1.1 and
now we see a lot of these:

=ERROR REPORT==== 24-Jan-2010::14:03:54 ===
Jan 24 14:03:54 jabber3 EJABBERD: W(<0.31555.393>:ejabberd_http_bind:486) :
	Session timeout. Closing the HTTP bind session: "510141451566d06b341fd5f64933ea38a3a83d31"

would that be a problem to server performance? how can i set
that timeout and more importantly:

how do you guys using bosh and ejabberd close bosh sessions that
you open in the browser? we have implemented the disconnect
on window.onUnload, but this seems to be not really well suited
since browsers interpret that differently. do you worry about
that at all?

what is your numbers in "users per node" using ejabberd http_bind?

greetings,
stephan