[ejabberd] caps notification should be sent when a user logs in?

Pablo Platt pablo.platt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 15:00:39 MSK 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use I'm trying to use XEP-0084: User Avatar (PEP) with ejabberd 2.1.2
I have two users with subscription both to each other.
Both users send presence with caps urn:xmpp:avatar:metadata+notify
Both users published avatar metadata to the urn:xmpp:avatar:metadata node

When both users are online and one of them publish a new avatar metadata, both gets a notification event
but when a user logs in he only get his avatar notification and not the other user avatar notification.

4.3.3 When to Generate Notifications from xep-0163 says:

2. When a PEP service receives initial presence  [14] from  a subscriber's resource including XEP-0115 information that indicates an interest in the data format, it MUST  generate a notification containing at least the last published item for  that node and send it to the newly-available resource; see below under Sending the  Last Published Item.

So, when a user logs in he should get two notifications for his avatar and his friend.
Is there a problem in the PEP implementation or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks