[ejabberd] how do _you_ close bosh sessions?

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Mon Jan 25 15:02:13 MSK 2010

hi,

yes, i know that, but you'd have to either have the user
click on a "disconnect" button or something like that to
disconnect that way.

in normal application programming you could just disconnect
before you actually close the application, since you got
some kind of "event". unformtunately the "onUnload" event
in a browser is triggered in very different places in
different browsers.

fron the jquery documentation, for example:

  "The exact handling of the unload event has varied from version to version of browsers.
   For example, some versions of Firefox trigger the event when a link is followed, but not
   when the window is closed. In practical usage, behavior should be tested on all
   supported browsers, and contrasted with the proprietary beforeunload event."

this potentially leaves a lot of "dangling" connections that
need to be closed by the server in any case...does this
affect performance?

greetings,
stephan