[ejabberd] Running an echo bot on the 'main' xmpp domain

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:13:30 MSK 2010

2010/1/26 Adam Hayward <adam at happy.cat>:
> supposing I had:
>  - a chat server called "recipes.com"
> and
>  - a chat-bot called "mod_recipes" that provided recipe information on
> "recipes.recipes.com"

You have now:
* recipes.com - XMPP server
* recipes.recipes.com - Recipes service

{hosts, ["recipes.com"]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_echo,   [{host, "recipes.recipes.com"}]},
]}.

> my aim is to provide said service directly via "recipes.com".

You initially planned this, but doesn't seem to work:
* recipes.com - XMPP server and also Recipes service

{hosts, ["recipes.com"]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_echo,   [{host, "recipes.com"}]},
]}.

This alternative meets your requirement, and seems to work correctly:
* example.com - XMPP server
* recipes.com - Recipes service

{hosts, ["example.com"]}.
{modules, [