[ejabberd] gateway server

Mark Keisler grimm26 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:52:36 MSK 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Manuel Mely <mmelyp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Mark Keisler <mark at mitsein.net> wrote:
> > I need some advice.  I have an ejabberd server on an intranet, let's call
> it
> > domain1.  I need to put a gateway of some sort in a DMZ to be able to
> > receive xmpp traffic destined for domain1 from outside the intranet.  I
> > don't want to host any jabber users on the gateway box, I just want it to
> > route traffic destined for domain1 back and forth.  I assume I can
> configure
> > an ejabberd instance as the "gateway" for this scenario?  How?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Hi Mark,
>
> About a year ago, i tried s2s-proxy module using ejabberd 2. It worked
> for me fine, you could read how to do this in internet.
> If you know spanish read this post[1] , if you don't try it using
> google translator, or wait for me next week... i will explain you.
>
>  1-
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-l@listas.softwarelibre.cu/msg05741.html
>
> PS: I'm running out of spare time, sorry.

Grácias.  This seems like quite a hack to do something that I don't see why
it can't just work anyway.  And it hasn't been adapted to 2.1.x yet.  I am
testing this with two servers on my intranet who can look each other up fine
and the second server claims it can't resolve the domain for a jid destined
for the first server.  for some reason I though that this would be easy :).