[ejabberd] gateway server

Manuel Mely mmelyp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:13:39 MSK 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Mark Keisler <grimm26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grácias.  This seems like quite a hack to do something that I don't see why
> it can't just work anyway.  And it hasn't been adapted to 2.1.x yet.  I am
> testing this with two servers on my intranet who can look each other up fine
> and the second server claims it can't resolve the domain for a jid destined
> for the first server.  for some reason I though that this would be easy :).

I don't know why this feature isn't embedded/developed in recent
versions of ejabberd. I think the mechanism to do this is similar as
"postfix transport" does, with the particularities of xmpp protocol
obviously.
For getting this working, you must have your DNS well configured. You
must have your dns zone splitted in two views, one for your internal
network and the other for your outside network. Also you should view
some examples of ejabberd.cfg for the s2s-proxy as a server and as a
client.

Greetings.
Manuel